23 January 2006

Ni semua M Nasir punya pasal

Sejenak aku dikejutkan
Bersama ombak cinta luka
Perpisahan melanda kita
Hanya kerna peristiwa itu


It has been years since I heard this song by Gersang. Imagine my surprise when I came across the lyrics (courtesy of IU) in one of my emails at Christie’s. At that point, I left London and its cold streets behind and was transported to sweltering hot bus stop at the back of John Little. Like all teenagers do, Lat started to sing this hit and we were having a laugh when suddenly tears started to fall down IU’s face. I won’t go into details why because it is not my story to tell.
So powerful was that memory for that whole day I was smiling. I was not thinking of the sad tears but all that song embodied. My young life, my wonderful friends, precious memories of my school days – my heart lifted and soared! Don’t you find that snatches of a certain song will unlock the memory bank faster than a speeding bullet?

Demi cinta ku pada mu
Kemana pun kau kan ku bawa
Ke hujung dunia ke bintang kejora


We so know that these words had such special meaning to IU too that when Cikgu Bahri played the most wonderful piano rendition of this, our eyes immediately swivelled over to IU.

I became mad again about those 80s rock songs – the last time we went back to Singapore, I was running around trying to find all Wings and Search compilations. Even obscure songs from Hanafie Warren “Terperangkap Dalam Sinaran” and “Biarlah aku pendam saja perasaan ku, I sanggup menunggu dan membisu” pun aku sambar; because they reminded me of Perjumpaan Hari Raya.

It’s all on my Ipod now and nothing is stranger than listening to my ipod while on the bus to work. The winter sunshine streamed into the upper deck and I was all buttoned up to my chin with a hat and scarf on. The bus trundled along Knightsbridge, passing shoppers English and tourists alike streaming out of Harrods, students coming off the bus coaches to vist the V & A and the National History Museum and what do I have blasting in my ear? “Isabella adalah kisah cinta dua dunia. Mengapa kita berjumpa namum akhir berpisah. Siang jadi hilang ditelan kegelapan malam.Alam yang terpisa.Melenyapkan sebuah kisah…”

9 comments:

yuRa said...

woman! you're on a roll here! whahaha. but i like! : )

and what better way to start my day with an M NASIR post! woot!

*ehem* correction. Cikgu Bahri was rambling about 4-tuned song which was picking up at that time. you know - intro, verse, chorus and bridge.

i went, "oh macam fantasia bulan madu eh, cikgu?"

and then he went on to hit the keys. cair aku! wahahha..

cikgu bahri is de man! err.. only at that instant lah. of course the real man is MNasir (who is second to my ENA) hehe

yuRa said...

cool apa, lagu melayu in english country. only you can have a claim to that experience. : )

i am trying to put a beat to that CD&P lyrics.

you didn't ask but edwan&my song is the mournful Runaway Train by Soul Asylum. :p

yuRa said...

eh shikin, ada requestlah. tulis pasal things that happen in the classroom ok? anything you rememberlah!

the one that crosses my mind at this very instant is the one where yasmeen keep getting nani to touch her shaved legs! muahahhahaahhahah.
*ketawa golek golek*

melayudilondon said...

oh my goodness! yes, i remember that bit about yasmeen asking nani that! i think nani will remember abt that tkgs girl farting during lecture. dia sakit perut actually. hahahahaha. Cikgu Bahri - alahai! pemalas lah, sek suruh kita pi library je.

yuRa said...

i bet nani remembers! *i* still remember because she keeps going on at it. that incident will definitely pop up every once in a while when we talk about old times! haha

a'ah.. cikgu bahri only good at being famous! because of him we won the nasyid comp walaupun dengan berseragam serba selekehnya. also, we were never short of invites to perform for macam macam events. u ingat tak? ingaaaat! mesti ingat! hahah

melayudilondon said...

Ingat mesti ingat you! we were invited to play kompang at some army camp and dance at some CC. thingy. what i remember are the free costumes we get - always too long and mesti kena jahit!

yuRa said...

eh. i remember i had photos of those performances too, you know! i don't know where they are. oh, dear.

Nani said...

Oh yes... I wonder what happen to her now... apa-apa je...pegang bulu... oh no!

yuRa said...

oi, nani! pegang bulu ke, pegang shaved legs?? *smirk*